Believe it or not, Buffalo Rising has been around for 10 years. Over that time, we’ve had a number of different versions of our website and a number of different versions of our print publications. For the vast majority of our online life, we’ve used Movable Type as our publishing platform. But that time has come to an end. We’re leaving Movable Type as the software simply isn’t what it used to be. In a few days, Buffalo Rising will be published using the most popular blogging software: WordPress.
- Users can post comments in real-time for everyone to see, and have a live discussion right on Buffalo Rising.
- You can format your comments with rich text like bold, italic, lists, and more.
- You can embed Flickr images and YouTube videos or any other sort of media right in your comment and all that media will be playable inline, right here on the site.
- You can use the “@” symbol in the comment box to tag users in the conversations. You can tag your friends from Facebook or Twitter and personalize the message you share to their wall or send in an @reply to include them in the discussion.
- You can automatically share your comment to Facebook and Twitter with simple-to-use icons.
- You’ll have comment options including the ability to delete your comment, “flag” other’s comments as offensive, spam, off-topic and share any comment to Facebook and Twitter (and/or get the permalink to the comment).
- Every user will have a profile page (which you can get to by clicking on their username). This system will still allow anonymity but will maintain a level of accounability as all your comments will be attached and noted on your profile page.
- You will have the option to edit your own profile at any time and edit notifications (like finding out if someone responded to your comment). Just hover over your username and you’ll see options to edit.