In this episode of WNY Soundstage, host Daniel Lendzian speaks with Jen Swan, Executive Director, and Holly Grant, Grants and Programming Director of Arts Service Inc about WNY’s thriving arts community and the impact individual artists and organizations have on our region’s economy.
(ASI) ASI empowers the region’s artists and arts organizations with connections to funding, learning opportunities, and community access to the arts. They are a resource hub for the Western New York arts and cultural sector. An invaluable resource for artists and arts organizations in Buffalo, ASI’s website contains grant information, calls for work, information about bookkeeping and fiscal sponsorship services, access to health insurance, professional development information, and their Arts and Economic Prosperity Report.
This episode includes:
- Overview of the services provided by ASI
- Discussion on the wide variety of arts industries and organizations in Western New York
- Necessity of arts organizations, and their impact to create a healthy community
- How art organizations are funded
- Number of full time jobs created by arts organizations in WNY
- Conversation on ASI’s commitment to creating equitable access to the arts
- How artists and arts organizations can connect with ASI
ASI is also a regular contributor to Buffalo Rising. Click here to view their author profile for more content related to the Creative Economy in WNY.
Connect with ASI: