ASI’s Third Annual Creative Professionals Exchange Conference Is a Refreshing Change of Pace
Artists that are looking for new creative avenues to explore, are invited to attend a two-day mini conference that will feature:
- Presentations from local area professionals
- Panel led discussions
- Networking opportunities curated for those looking for inspiration and new ways forward in their work
The Creative Professionals Exchange (CPX) conference is designed to unclog the creative blocks that can sometimes limit one’s artistic abilities.
Hosted by Arts Services Inc. (ASI), the event (for artists and arts administrators) will take place on June 3 and 4 (8 am to 4 pm), at the Herb & Jane Darling Environmental Education Center at Tifft Nature Preserve in Buffalo.
Not only will the event help to clear the pandemic cobwebs, participants will also have immediate access to five miles of inspirational and soul-lifting nature trails.
“This year’s CPX is special not only because it marks our return to in-person events but because it was born out of a real need in the arts community,” said ASI’s Grants and Programming Director Holly Grant. “The pandemic hit our industry hard and there are many of us still trying to recover our mental health and reignite our artistry. ‘CPX: Refresh’ is all about shaking off the dust and heading into the summer with new skills and a fresh outlook so you can get back to creating.”
The CPX:Refresh presentation topics and presenters are:
- Unlock Your Creativity with Brandon Williamson (Pure Ink Poetry)
- Alexander Technique: Body Alignment for Your Health with Michael Serio (Certified Alexander Technique Teacher)
- Social Media Marketing with Jeff Heras and Joe Babcock (Spicy Creative)
- Putting It Together: Packaging and Portfolio Building with Akasya Crosier and Suzanne Fatta
- Tifft Nature Preserve tour with a Tifft Nature Guide
- Stress and Burnout Management with Dr. Christian Bernhard (SUNY Fredonia)
- Art of Mindfulness: Zentangles to Destress with Kelly Barone (Certified Zentangle Teacher, Whimsy by Kelly)
- Finding Hygge – The Ideal Workspace Exists with Megan McElfresh (Stained Glass Association of America)
- Creative Reuse Panel Discussion with Hope Wilk (Hopeful Finds) and John Smigielski (Liminal Space Ensemble)
- Nature as Inspiration with Arthur Pearson (Roger Tory Peterson Institute)
- Design Your Brand Identity with Matt Low (Crowley Webb)
- Creating Systems that Support You with Ashley Johnson (AEJ Create)
*Presentation topics and speakers are subject to change.
Both days of CPX: Refresh will culminate in a networking happy hour at Duende (Friday, June 3) and the Wilkeson Point Beer Garden (Saturday, June 4).
The two-day mini conference for artists and arts administrators will take place June 3rd and 4th at Tifft Nature Preserve.
Registration for the full two days is $125 per person and includes all sessions, lunch, and happy hour discounts. One day passes and virtual options are available. Scholarships are available through an application process. Proof of vaccination for all speakers and participants is required.
Learn more or register for the conference at www.cpxrefresh.com.
ASI: Where the arts meet business.
Arts Services Inc. (ASI) empowers the region’s artists and arts organizations with connections to funding, learning opportunities, and community access to the arts. ASI is a resource hub for the Western New York arts and cultural sector.