Craving the sounds, flavors, and good vibrations of the islands?
Look no further than Larkvinville, for the upcoming presentation of Chef Darian’s Jamaican Market. In advance of chef Darian Bryan opening The Plating Society at Millrace Commons (opening in the fall), he’s going to be putting on a culinary showstopper event on Saturday, July 31, from 11am to 3pm.
Along with conducting some “Jerk Hut” pop-ups in Larkin Square this summer (Wednesday from 11am – 2pm), to give people some samplings of his Jamaican dishes (such as brown stew chicken, rasta pasta, coconut curry lentils, and escovitch style snapper), Chef Darian is now preparing to open up the floodgates with this singular new event.
“The amount of Buffalo love and culture that has been shared with me during the past 9 years has inspired him to share the love and culture back,” said Chef Darian Bryan – the event is inspired by the Toronto GRACE Jerk Fest. “I wanted to bring Jamaica and its rich culture right to Buffalo for all to enjoy.”
Market highlights include:
Chef Darian’s “Jerk Hut” featuring colossal Jerk Lobster Tail, spice filled Rasta Pasta and Jerk Chicken. Other food vendors include La Verdad, KT Caribbean Cuisine, and Chef Krista Van Wagner.
Larkin Square will be featuring a Jamaican Rum Punch and serving Red Stripe beer.
Attendees will enjoy a Jamaican Culture Tent, run by Chef Darian’s sister Sherece Lewis and family, with fun educational games about Jamaican history and celebrities. Learn about Jamaican fruits and vegetables, make Jamaican bracelets and take-home Jamaican coloring sheets.
- Interactive drumming circle for all ages at 11:15am with Carolyn Zimmerman from Drum 4 Health
- Live music from Olmsted Dub a local reggae band from 1-3pm
- BFS Apparel featuring a special line collaboration with Chef Darian,
- GoldenFly Candles
- Meat and Eat Charcuterie featuring mini Jamaican themed cups
- Smitas Cookery Spices
- Green Eats selling Caribbean inspired fresh juices
- Knotty Buffalo a custom yarn company
- Aurora Treasures with Jamaican inspired jewelry
- Black Monarchy Clothing
- Sweet Pea Bakery with Jamaican inspired desserts
- Color Me Happy Balloon Co. who will have a photo backdrop set with Jamaican inspired décor
- Chrusciki Bakery: Jamaican pierogies
Come join Chef Bryan for this culturally vibrant extravaganza that celebrates Jamaican culture and food.
Chef Darian’s Jamaican Market presented by KeyBank and sponsored by Independent Health
Saturday, July 31st, 2021 11:00 am – 3:00 pm
Larkin Square, 745 Seneca St., Larkinville (free admission & parking)
Chef Darian’s Jamaican Market is a rain or shine event. Masks are to be worn by guests who are not vaccinated.
For more information on Larkin Square events, including Food Truck Tuesdays, Thursdays in the Square, Fitness in the Parks and Monday Family Fun Nights, please visit www.larkinsquare.com.