Each year, the Buffalo Snow Bowl is held at New Era Field. The event is a 6-on-6 Flag Football tournament (with light blocking), where the first 48 teams that raise $1000 are guaranteed a spot to play. The funds raised from the Snow Bowl benefit Special Olympics New York. The tournament is broken down into four leagues:
- Pro League – will be the most competitive league there is. Teams have more than a basic knowledge of the game and are looking for a competitive experience.
- Co-Ed League – teams are required to have at least two females participating during each play.
- Amateur League – this league is less competitive and focused on the experience and so much winning or losing.
- First Responders League-your team must be associated with first responders. Not all participants need to be first responders.
While this year’s tournament is sold out, there is always next year to look forward to. The Snow Bowl has become a highly anticipated event in WNY for a number of reasons. Following are additional details:
- Teams are allowed up to 12 players
- All must be 18 years of age or older to participate
- Field size is 20 yards x 40 yards
- Each team guaranteed three games at New Era Field
- The top fundraising teams in EACH league will win a catered suite for the entire Buffalo Snow Bowl
The Third Annual Buffalo Snow Bowl
Saturday, March 2nd, 2019
6-on-6 Flag Football on New Era Field | 1 Bills Drive | Orchard Park | NY
Parking is free | Spectators are welcome
Games will begin at 9:00am. Opening Ceremonies will begin at 8:15am. All team members must be present for this.
Tailgating is allowed, but you must follow official Buffalo Bills Tailgating rules.
For more information, go to www.BuffaloSnowBowl.org.
Also check out the Facebook event page.
Photo courtesy Buffalo Snow Bowl