On Saturday, January 26, there’s an incredible opportunity to get kids motivated, with a day of healthy and fun exercises. From kids’ bootcamp to a soccer session, this special day is chock-filled with an assortment of kid-friendly activities. This will be a great way to get the kids out of the house, and away from the TV. Not only will participants get a chance to meet others their own age (boys and girls, ages 4 -12), they will also be immersed into a number of clinics and training sessions, which will help them to get a sense about the various health-conscious sports and games that are accessible.
“In today’s age it is becoming harder and harder for kids to keep healthy and active. There are so many different forces working against them, including the intense pull of screen time with video games and social media, the exorbitant cost of sports programs, and the inaccessibility for a lot of families to have access to high quality fitness and sports programs for their kids,” said Chas Kirsch, Founder Healthy Buffalo.
“With our upcoming Kid’s Day we are putting together an event that offers families an affordable and fun afternoon that the whole family can get involved in. We will have our team there filming an exciting recap of the days festivities, we will get individual, group and action shots of all the kids, and introduce them to a host of different sports and activities. It is a great opportunity for kids of all different ages to get out, be active, make some friends, and take part in creating a healthier and more vibrant community.”
Here is the updated lineup:
- 1:30-2:00 pm: Sign In, Registration & Packet Pickup (All participants receive a custom made Healthy Buffalo performance tee)
- 2:00-2:45 pm: Kids Bootcamp with Danielle Cronin (from the Buffalo Fire Department)
- 2:45-3:30 pm: Intro to Boxing with Boxstar Training
- 2:45-3:30 pm: Soccer with the Soccer Sunday Team
- 3:30-4:00 pm: Kids Wellness Presentation with Phil Habestro (from the Wellness Institute of Greater Buffalo)
- 4:00-4:45 pm: Basketball Clinic & Game with Mark Simon, (retired head coach of SJCI), Beth Antonius (Healthy Buffalo coach of the year), and a couple more to be announced.
- 4:45-5:30 pm: Intro to Football Clinic & Game
“We’ve got a full day of activities planned for the kids with a lot of great instructors lined up. All kids will get a custom made Healthy Buffalo performance tee, pictures, refreshments, and be featured in our promo video of the event. It’s just $8 for early registration until 1/19 and $10 for regular registration thereafter.”
OK Buffalo, you heard him. It’s time to rally the kids, to participate in some healthy exercises in 2019.
Healthy Buffalo Kid’s Day
Saturday, January 26, 2019
1:30pm to 5:30pm
Knights of Columbus | 1530 Kenmore Avenue | Buffalo NY 14216