‘Tis the season to celebrate Kwanzaa! On Friday, December 28, from 7pm to 9pm, Ujima will be hosting/celebrating Kwanzaa’s Ujima, an event that will be dedicated to arts, entertainment, and cultural activism. This free event is open to the public, and is ramping up to be a night that you are not going to want to miss. That’s because the event will be jam packed with all sorts of talented people who want to share their hearts and souls with you.
Art showcases will be as follows:
- Jillian Hanesworth – Poet
- Curtis Lovell – Vocalist
- Ras Jomo – International Artist (Project Access To A Free Ka & Ras Takura)
- Peace of the City Theater Ensemble
- Queen Halima aka Vonetta T. Rhoades – Poet
- Brian Jay – Vocalist
Partner showcases are as follows:
- Alex Wright – Founder, African American Food Co-op
- Jordan Mitchell – Community Organizer & Activist, Emerging Leader 2018
- Lorna C. Hill – Founder & Artistic Director, Ujima Company, Inc.
- Denice Barr – President, The Fruit Belt Advisory Council & Co-founder of The Fruit Belt Community Land Trust
- Franchelle Parker – Executive Director, Open Buffalo
- Rahwa Ghirmatzion – Executive Director, PUSH Buffalo
- The Lonnie B. Harrell Afrikan Marketplace
This will be an evening to be remembered. The holidays are a season to share with others. And what better way to share, than with the various gifted talents and abilities that we all possess.
Kwanzaa Celebration: Ujima Night!
Friday, December 28, 2018
7 PM – 9 PM
Ujima | 429 Plymouth Avenue | Buffalo, New York 14213