One of the most highly anticipated events at the Museum of Science is DinoFEST. That’s because when it comes to dinosaurs, the the bigger, the badder, and the “higher” they come, the more the kids will go nuts. Not only does DinoFEST feature the bones and the skulls of the prehistoric beasts, it also showcases a ton of interactive activities, from digging for giant fossils (digging in giant foam blocks), to sifting for minerals in giant sluice – everything about the event is giant, including the giant imaginations of the attendees.
There are a whole bunch of reasons to attend this year’s DinoFEST including:
- Visit and play with Vinny and Teddy, two life-like dinosaur friends from Ravage Production
- Practice walking like a dinosaur with a massive dino tail
- Visit with community partners like the Penn Dixie Paleontological and Outdoor Education Center and Buffalo Geological Society
- Wish the Museum’s biggest residents – Seymour the Mastodon and Stanley the Albertosaurus – a happy birthday!
By the end of the visit, guests will know what dinosaurs ate, who they are related to, where they lived… and just about everything else that it would take to become a dino-pro!
Admission to DinoFEST is $15 for adults, $10 for children and FREE for BMS Members. Presented by Fidelis Care.
Saturday, November 10. 2018
10 AM – 6 PM
Buffalo Museum of Science | 1020 Humboldt Pkwy, Buffalo, New York 14211
Science After Hours: Adult DinoFEST
For the first time, this year, the museum is hosting an adult version of DinoFEST as part of the museum’s Science After Hours programming. This is a chance for the “big kids” to have some fun:
- Dress up as your favorite paleontologist (Dr. Ian Malcom, anyone?), herbivore or carnivore
- Mine for real fossils and teeth in the running sluice
- Photo opps with Vinny and Teddy, two life-like dinosaur friends from Ravage Productions
- Explore fossils and prehistoric geological specimen from the Museum’s Collection
- Participate in a mastodon vs. triceratops quiz
- Hear from friends at Buffalo State’s Garman Art Conservation about how they tested the Museum’s famous Elephant Bird Egg
- Get your carnivore on with food from Dinosaur BBQ
Friday, November 9, 2018
6 PM – 9 PM
$16 | Get tickets
Buffalo Museum of Science | 1020 Humboldt Pkwy | Buffalo, New York 14211