This Sunday, October 28th marks the eighth annual Iron Event, which has come to be known around the city, as one of the “don’t miss” events of the year. This inspirational fundraiser was founded by chef Daniel Tracy. Tracy continues to persevere in his personal fight to overcome ALS (Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis or Lou Gehrig’s Disease). Tracy was diagnosed with ALS in 2010, resulting in the need to swiftly to change his professional course, leaving behind his beloved culinary aspirations.
The mission of this annual coming together of talent continues to reach further than its main intention. The community that embraces this event is truly beyond compare. The focus of this year’s Iron Event will highlight twenty of the best chefs, culminating is some of the greatest culinary offerings from our region.
The focus of Sunday’s event will be a Top Chef-esque competition in which each participating chef will be preparing and offering his or her best example of an amuse bouche, which literally translates to “mouth amuser”. This “pre” course has universally become a culinary showcase, representing the artistry and identity of each chef, concisely and precisely in as little as one bite, but rarely more than two.
What makes this event so captivating is that the attendees instantly become participants – their votes count, ultimately helping to decide the winner and favorite. In the end, all of this benefits an incredible cause. It’s pretty much a win-win all around. Guests get to try tasty bites from twenty of the most talented cooks and chefs in the area, and then choose their favorites, resulting in the top candidates receiving well-earned prizes furnished by sponsors. There will, of course, be a wonderful “live” soundtrack to accompany the food. Performers include Basha, Tim Britt Band, and XOXO.
The lineup is as follows:
- Edward Forster from The Dapper Goose
- Christopher Daigler from Falley Allen
- Joshua and Satomi Smith from SATO Brewpub
- Bruce Wieszala from Heritage Cured Meats
- Daniel Lawrence from the Niagara Falls Country Club
- Jeffrey Cooke from This Little Pig
- Joanna Congi, Alex Nickolai and Michael Hogan from Osteria 166
- Michael Obarka from Lombardo Ristorante
- Rj & Lindsey Marvin from the Barrel and Brine
- Jennifer Boye from Churn
- Beth and Joe Kennedy from Spar’s European Sausage & Meats
- Michael Dimmer and Christian Willmott from Marble + Rye
- Kristopher Haisch from Black & Blue
- Ross Warhol from Oliver’s
- Brad Rowell from The Grange Community Kitchen
- Krista VanWagner from Niagara Falls Culinary Institute
- Jake Strawser from Billy Club
- Ellen and Steve Gedra from The Black Sheep
- James Roberts from Dobutsu
- Alex Diaczenko from Lucia’s on the Lake
- Matthew DiCamillo from DiCamillo’s Bakery
- Zina Lapi from Casa Azul
This wonderful event takes place this Sunday, October 28, 2018 6pm-8pm, or 5pm-8pm for VIP guests, at Buffalo RiverWorks, 359 Ganson St., Buffalo, NY 14203 (716) 342-2292
Additional info: Tickets available only from theironevent.org
Children 10 & Under FREE
$50 presale/$60 at the door
$85 VIP Ticket – Get in early to avoid lines & enjoy the complementary drink samples from our sponsored beverage partners