This Saturday, September 29, beginning at 3pm, Grant Amherst Business Association will be hosting its 4th annual Oktoberfest. The festival will include activities at the following eight venues – Artisan Kitchens & Bath, Hot Mama’s Canteen, Phoenix at 269, Rohall’s Corner, Croatian Club, AMVETS Medallion Post 13, Unknown Club, and Roaming Bison Tavern. The 2018 Oktoberfest will feature live music, drink specials, and traditional fare.
From Kim Flitt, a lifelong Black Rock Riverside resident, we hear “It’s so nice to see the energy the Oktoberfest brings into my hometown part of Buffalo. People come to have fun in the area I have loved my whole life.”
“I’m thrilled with what the community of Black Rock Riverside is evolving into,” said Council Member Joe Golombek, who will serve as Burgermeister for the day. “Tapping the first keg of Oktoberfest is symbolic of the new beginning that this region is experiencing.”
- Festivities kick off at Artisan Kitchens & Baths at Appliance Associates, 200 Amherst Street. “Brass Pro and The Waterfront Revivalists” will fill the stage at 3pm with “Oompah” and “Gemütlichkeit”
- Burgermeister Golombek leads a traditional Beer Tapping Ceremony at 4pm.
- Beginning at 5 PM complimentary shuttle buses will provide transportation to all participating venues including: Traditional German food and drink will be featured along with bands, dancing and merriment.
- All participating locations will offer specials on Shiner Oktoberfest and Jaegermeister, sponsors of the event.
- A benefit raffle will be held in memory of longtime Black Rock supporter Caleb Basilico to benefit the higher education of his children. Tickets are currently available at participating Oktoberfest venues and will be sold at the Keg Tapping Ceremony.
2018 Black Rock Riverside Oktoberfest
Saturday, September 29, 2018
Kicks off at 3 PM
Amherst Street in Black Rock