For the first time in a long time, the city is rebounding, partially because of the new influx of residents who are living in formerly dormant buildings that have now been renovated. We hear about these building conversions all the time, and sometimes we see images of the residential units, but it’s not often that we get a chance to visit the residential lofts and apartments up close, live in person.
Fortunately, there’s an annual Buffalo Living Tour, where people can check out a number of new living accommodations in the city/Downtown Buffalo. Altogether, nine unique living spaces will be featured, which give a nice representation about what it’s like to live in the rebounding hearts of now-fashionable historic neighborhoods. Examples of buildings/units on the 2018 tour include:
- A cathedral building converted to lofts
- A theater turned into apartments
- Some former factories now industrial chic pads
- A resort for students with a pool-sized hot tub
People interested in taking the tour, held on Saturday, June 16 (9am to 5pm), can learn about the buildings, the developers, the neighborhoods, and the future of Buffalo.
FREE tour of high-end and unique living spaces open to the public this Saturday.
Get your free pamphlet downloaded now at BuffaloLivingTour.net. The tour will offer three different transportation options. People are welcome to bike, drive, or take the free shuttle.
Each location will conduct a tour of the amenities offered. A different special activity in each… craft beer tasting, wine tasting, food sampling, and games.
Free pamphlet with info and tour maps at various coffee shops, libraries, Visit Buffalo Niagara (VBN) Info Center at The Brisbane Building, and at Buffalo LIVING Tour Headquarters, the brand new Axis 360 on Saturday, June 16, 9am-5pm or any of the featured properties.
The Tour guide/pamphlet can also be downloaded on the website: www.buffalolivingtour.NET
Info Center/Free shuttles originate from: Axis 360, 89 LaSalle Avenue, near LaSalle Metro Rail Station
Leave for all locations every few minutes starting at 9:15am. Or, tour goers are welcome to take the scenic bike route or drive to each/start anywhere.
The nine properties on the tour are:
- Axis 360, 89 LaSalle Ave., 14214
- Campion Hall, 2136 Main St., 14214
- Mattress Factory Lofts, 170 Florida St., 14208
- Nickel City Lofts, 31 Barker St., 14209
- The Bosche Lofts, 916-918 Main St., 14202
- Allentown Lofts, 430 Virginia St., 14201
- The Sidway, 775 Main St., 14203
- Cathedral Commons, 128 Pearl St., 14202
- Shea’s Seneca, 2178 Seneca St., 14210