On Saturday, November 11, Monkey See, Monkey Do… Children’s Bookstore will host the 3rd Annual WNY Children’s Book Expo. This book expo continues to grow from year to year. The event features 36 award-winning children’s authors, who will all be presenting their latest books to the public.
Come explore the books that offer fascinating adventures and life lessons, and meet some of the lovable characters along the way. There is so much fun to be had at this amazing event. WNY families have come to count on the expo as one their favorite outings of the year. Interact with the authors, and get your books autographed. If you’re looking for ways to promote reading in your child’s life, this is a fantastic opportunity to do just that.
Featured authors at the BlueCross BlueShield of WNY Main Stage, Room 106B, will include:
- 10:10 – 10:35 a.m., Barney Saltzberg, Explore your World: Find Art Everywhere
- 10:45 – 11:10 a.m., Nick Bruel, Explore the World of Storytelling with Bad Kitty!
- 11:20 – 11:45 a.m., Jennifer Hanson Rolli, Explore Moths and Butterflies … Alike but Different!
- 12:05 – 12:30 p.m., Marcie Colleen, Explore Imagination Through Pretend Play
- 12:40 – 1:05 p.m., E.B. Lewis, Explore the Art of Storytelling
- 1:15 – 1:40 p.m., David M. Schwartz, Explore Math and Literacy
- 1:50 – 2:15 p.m., Muskan Virk, Explore Gratitude
- 2:25 – 2:50 p.m., Matt Tavares, Explore the Creation of Crossing Niagara
Plus, the first 40 families will receive a free book at each BlueCross BlueShield breakout session.
Featured authors at The Buffalo News Story Corner, Main Ballroom, will include:
- 10:15 – 10:30 a.m., Laurel Snyder, Charlie and Mouse
- 10:40 – 10:55 a.m., Sherri Duskey Rinker, 12 Sleighs of Christmas
- 11:05 – 11:20 a.m., Salina Yoon, My Kite is Stuck!
- 11:30 – 11:45 p.m., Kathyn Otoshi, One
- 11:55 a.m. – 12:10 p.m., Stacy McAnulty, Brave
- 12:20 – 12:35 p.m., Katie Webster, Music with Mar – Wide-Mouthed Bullfrog
- 12:45 – 1:00 p.m., Amy Ludwig VanDerwater, Every Day Birds
- 1:10 – 1:25 p.m., Laurie Jordan, Yawning Yoga
- 1:35 – 1:50 p.m., Lesa Cline Ransome, Germs
- 2:00 – 2:15 p.m., Rachel DiNunzio, Be Kind
- 2:20 – 2:40 p.m., Virginia Batchelor, Stop Calling Me That! My Name is Araminta
Featured authors at the Monkey See, Monkey Do … Children’s Bookstore Author Spotlight, Room 106A/D, will include:
- 12:30 – 12:55 p.m., Christopher Lloyd, Explore the History of the World in 25 Minutes
- 1:10 – 1:30 p.m., Dave Bauer, Explore Mindfulness in Nature
- 1:40 – 2:00 p.m., Solomon Schmidt, Explore U.S. History and Presidential Facts
- 2:10 – 2:30 p.m., Molly Pitman O’Malley, Explore Sensory Play Play Play!
Additionally, many special reading and author events have been scheduled throughout Western New York during KidsLit Week, Nov. 4-11. For a complete list of events, please visit docs.wixstatic.com/ugd. Among the highlights will be a visit from international author Christopher Lloyd who will be featured at the Buffalo History Museum at 10:30 a.m. Friday, Nov. 10. His special presentation and book-signing event, free and open to all ages, is sponsored by BlueCross BlueShield of WNY. The Buffalo Historical Museum is located at 1 Museum Court, Buffalo.
For more information, please visit www.monkeysread.com/wnycbe-home or call 204-8417.
3rd Annual WNY Children’s Book Expo
Saturday, November 11, 2017
10 AM – 3 PM
Buffalo Niagara Convention Center | 153 Franklin Street | Buffalo, New York 14202