Since this is a live report from the game, this article appears as bullet points rather than narrative format.
- Zach Bogosian is out as a healthy scratch.
- Taylor Fedun is out with injury but practiced yesterday.
- No call on a clear interference with Sabres attempting to get the puck into the offensive zone.
- Eichel and Okposo look good together.
- Sabres down 1-0 late in the 1st. Lehner got beat blocker side on a quick shot from the slot. Not a very good goal for him. Probably should have made the save.
- Sabres came close with a shot from the point hitting the post and laying free in the crease for a moment but the Sabres weren’t able to bang the puck into the open net.
- Ryan Strome scored the goal for NY
- Johan Larsson with the deflection off a point shot by Risto, great goal, great play by Risto to hit Larsson.
- Islanders score on the power play with about 13 minutes left.
- Kane got boarded and there was no call with about 6 minutes left in the period.
- Pretty weak period offensively for Buffalo, not many chances generated, late power play got only a couple shots on net.
- Sabres score on the power play on an own goal with 16:30 left in the third. Matty Moulson with the goal, his 8th of the year.
- Johnny Boychuk boarded Jack Eichel and he went down in a heap, but it looked accidental, and Boychuk eased up right after he hit him. He looked like he realized he made a bad move and checked to see if Eichel was ok. Fair play to Boychuk after realizing his mistake. He got 2 minutes.
- Dan Bylsma has been shuffling the lines tonight. He had Deslauriers and Kane out there with O’Reilly at one point. I like the look it gives us and it’s a sign of our team’s talent level that we can pretty much roll any combination of 12 forwards out there.
- Risto with the overtime winner! Okposo and O’Reilly skated the puck in, Okposo held up and hit Risto trailing the play and he rifled a wrist shot top shelf glove side to beat Jean-Francois Berube FOR THE WIN!
Sabres win 3-2 in overtime. Awesome finish. Let’s hope this rally continues.