Sinatra and Company Real Estate is moving forward with its next reuse project: ‘The Ingleside’ at 70 Harvard Place. Previously owned by the Community Action Organization (CAO), the Ingleside was originally constructed as a home for unwed, pregnant young women. Sinatra will be utilizing federal and state historic tax credits to convert the Georgian Colonial complex into 24 market-rate apartments.
From the City Planning Board application:
All work is being designed in compliance with the Secretary of the Interior’s Standards for Rehabilitation. Existing public corridors and entryways will be retained, with original partitions between residential “cells” removed to create one and two-bedroom market rate apartments on floors 1-3. The basement level will contain one large, two-bedroom apartment, tenant storage and a commercially operated laundry facility. There is minimal site work as the property is currently configured with adequate vehicular circulation and parking.
Sinatra and Company purchased the property in April for $1 million. It is close to Sinatra’s completed Fenton Village development at Main and Ferry and its Midtown Apartment project that is under construction at 1665 Main. CAO moved to nearby Jewett Avenue.
Carmina Wood Morris is architect on the $4.3 million undertaking. The Planning Board will begin review of the project at its December 19 meeting.
Get Connected: Sinatra and Company, 716.220.8468