Most people love the holidays. It’s a time to get together with friends and family, sharing cups of cocoa by the fire, eating home-cooked meals, etc. It’s a time of reflection and celebration, as well as a time to look towards the future. More than anything, the world tends to slow down at this time of year, giving people a chance to relax.
If the holidays don’t do any of this for you, then you’re not alone. There is a faction of Buffalonians that comes together each year, to rejoice the holidays in a completely different way. These people acknowledge that their lives are a bit dysfunctional, and so are the holidays no matter how you slice it. And there’s nothing wrong with that, especially when that set of dysfunctional people understand each other.
Come survive the holidays with us!
For the dysfunctional crowd, there’s an annual event that helps people overcome the typical holiday blahs that go hand-in-hand with the whole Leave It To Beaver rigmarole. Instead of helping to place the star at the top of the tree, or trying to stuff the bird, those that attend the Dysfunctional Holiday Part look forward to:
- A screening of Dysfunctional Holiday Survival Strategies!*
- Enter the Dysfunctional Coloring Contest for a chance to win a free themed gift basket from local businesses
- Get your picture taken with the legendary dysfunctional Santa duo of Holly Johnson + Brian Milbrand
- Belt out a tune for Dysfunctional Karaoke from our selection of the gnarliest of holiday tunes
- Partake in delicious food and drink while picking up some last minute stocking stuffers from local holiday vendors
Dysfunctional Holiday Party 2017 is presented by Squeaky Wheel on Saturday, December 17, 2016, from 7 PM to 10 PM at the Squeaky Wheel Film & Media Art Center – 617 Main St, Buffalo, New York.
*Interested in submitting a video for the holiday screening? Check out this call to work.
Dysfunctional Holiday Party 2017
$10 General | $7 Members
Dysfunctional Holiday 2017 illustration by Tom Holt