Each year, a number of Buffalo’s hottest chefs come together to battle it out for a good cause. The event takes place at The Hotel @ The Lafayette on Monday, September 12 from 6:30pm to 10:00pm. During that time, 20 chefs will participate in a “top chef – best amuse bouche” competition. Throughout the challenge, attendees are able to try delectable creations from each and every chef. In the end, guests to the event will get to weigh in on their favorite dishes, this choosing the top chefs in the room. All of the excitement takes place as some of the region’s best music acts perform.
Signature cocktails featuring Lockhouse crafted by Tim Stevens of Ballyhoo. Beer from Community Beer Works. Wine from Certo Brothers.
In the end, the event is about something even bigger than food, or even Buffalo for that matter. It’s about raising money for a worthy cause. One of this city’s renowned chefs – Daniel Tracy – who was diagnosed with ALS (amyotrophic lateral sclerosis or Lou Gehrig’s disease) in 2010. The mounting expenses that Daniel would soon incur appeared to be insurmountable, which is what led to this unprecedented event that has garnered unimaginable support from the community.
Proceeds will benefit a culinary agriculture center for a school and Daniel Tracy’s medical fund.
Where else are you going to find so many talented chefs all in one place at the same time? This is an event like no other, and speaks to the unwavering sense of community spirit that surges through all of us.
- Edward Dolski and Daniel Spawton from Acqua
- Richard Hamilton from Deep South Taco
- Joshua and Satomi Smith from SATO Ramen
- Jill Forster from Nickel City Cheese and Mercantile
- Bruce Wieszala from Thin Man Brewery
- Edward Forster from Buffalo Proper
- Jeffrey Cooke from Osteria 166
- Andrew Giordano from Lockport Country Club
- Michael Obarka from Lombardo Ristorante
- Matt DiCamillo from DiCamillo’s Bakery
- Chaz Bulera from the Riverstone Grill
- Rj Marvin from the Barrel and Brine
- Andrew Murtha and Daniel Draut from Carte Blanche
- Luci Levere and Jennifer Boye from Elm Street Bakery
- Steve & Ellen Gedra from the Black Sheep
- Frank Mercado from M&T’s Executive Dining Room
- Michael Dimmer and Christian Willmott from Marble + Rye
- James Roberts from Toutant
- Adam Goetz from Craving
- David Murphy from Gallo Coal Fire Kitchen