PechaKucha, in a nutshell, gives people the chance to show 20 images to an audience, with 20 seconds of time dedicated to discuss each image. Typically these are powerful images that only need a concise description to get serious points across. The events are held all over the world. In Buffalo, PechaKucha has been around for ten years.
PechaKucha (pronounced in three syllables like “peh-chak-cha”) is a Japanese term for the sound of “chit chat”.
On Thursday, September 15, PechaKucha Night will be held at the Albright-Knox. The evening will feature the following people who will each have their turn on the stage:
- Brian Carter, Professor, University at Buffalo School of Architecture and Planning
- Charles Davis, PhD, Assistant Professor of Architectural History and Criticism, University of North Carolina Charlotte
- Joanna Gillespie, Independent Arts Consultant and Co-Organizer of PechaKucha Buffalo
- Matthew Hume, Architect – Hume Projects
- Liminal Projects (Omar Khan, Principal, Associate Professor and Chair, University at Buffalo Department of Architecture and Laura Garófalo, Principal, Liminal Projects, Associate Professor, University at Buffalo Department of Architecture)
- Dana Mcknight, Founder, Arts & Performance Director, Dreamland
- Amy Ozay, Founder, Buffalo BookBike
- Jean-Michel Reed, Artist, Designer, Realtor and Retired Paramedic
- Dan Shanahan, Artistic Director and Co-Founder, Torn Space Theater; Assistant Professor, Daemen College
- Paul Vanouse, Professor of Art, Director of Coalesce Center for Biological Art, University at Buffalo
This is a chance to learn about those in our community who have set out to make a difference in one way or another. They are committed to moving Buffalo forward, through their work and through their passions.
The Albright Knox will be offering mini tours that same night.
PechaKucha Buffalo Celebrates Ten Years
Thursday, September 15, 2016 | 6:30 PM – 11 PM
Albright-Knox Art Gallery | 1285 Elmwood Avenue | Buffalo, NY 14222 | (716) 882-8700 | $10 tickets | Cash bar | Music – ABCDJ | Facebook
*PechaKucha is devised, shared, and supported by Klein Dytham Architecture, Tokyo. / PechaKucha Buffalo is organized by Nick Bruscia and Joanna Gillespie.