In Buffalo, we may not be accustomed to celebrating the birthdays of public figures, but in this case we will make an exception. When Shark Girl first tore her way into Buffalo, she immediately melted the hearts of the general public. Since that time, countless selfies have been taken with the tooth-studded celebrity.
Now Shark Girl is turning two, and the Albright Knox is hosting a birthday bash in her honor. On Saturday, August 20, from 8 PM to 11 PM, the community is invited to attend a birthday party like no other. On that evening, the city will raise a glass to the girl that got public art in Buffalo off to an auspicious start.
- Meet Shark Girl’s creator, Casey Riordan Millard
- Attend the event at the AK Café and Sculpture Garden
- Take a bite out of summer with delicious tacos from La Divina Mexican Store
- Beverages from 12 Gates Brewing Company, Big Ditch Brewing Company, and Resurgence Brewing Company (try the Shark Girl Shandy!). Music from DJ Kevin Ross (Teenwolf)
- Shark Girl’s birthday cupcakes from Fairy Cakes Cupcakery LLC
- All proceeds benefit the Albright-Knox Art Gallery’s Public Art Initiative
Shark Girl’s Second Birthday Party
Saturday, August 20, 2016 | 8 PM – 11 PM | 21+ | See Facebook event
$8 admission, cash bar and food for purchase
Albright-Knox Art Gallery | 1285 Elmwood Avenue | Buffalo, New York 14222