Share, , , Google Plus, Reddit, Pinterest, StumbleUpon

Print

Posted in:

NFTA Transfers Port Properties to ECHDC

A large chunk of the Outer Harbor has a new bureaucratic owner. The Erie Canal Harbor Development Corporation picked up the keys to Terminals A & B at 901 Fuhrman Boulevard yesterday. The two buildings contain 500,000 sq.ft. of space and sit on 50 acres of land. They are adjacent to the proposed Queen City Landing mixed-use project where asbestos abatement work is underway. The NFTA was paid $3.5 million for the property.

furhman

In 1957, the City of Buffalo transferred Outer Harbor property to the Niagara Frontier Port Authority, which later became the NFTA. The Port Authority acquired the Terminal buildings from Ford Motor Co. in 1962. Governor Cuomo authorized the transfer of 340 acres of NFTA waterfront property in 2014 to become the first State Park to be located in the City of Buffalo.

Long-term plans for the buildings have yet to be decided. In the near term, the ECHDC has plans to construct a bike path, including pedestrian and bicycle amenities along the Terminal property, completing the southern end of the Greenbelt loop.

Written by Buffalo Rising

Buffalo Rising

Sometimes the authors at Buffalo Rising work on collaborative efforts in order to cover various events and stories. These posts can not be attributed to one single author, as it is a combined effort. Often times a formation of a post gets started by one writer and passed along to one or more writers before completion. At times there are author attributions at the end of one of these posts. Other times, “Buffalo Rising” is simply offered up as the creator of the article. In either case, the writing is original to Buffalo Rising.

View All Articles by Buffalo Rising
Hide Comments
Show Comments