Fans of the summer Olympics, looking for a prime time place to watch the games are invited to come downtown to catch the action on the big screen. (716) Food and Sport will be hosting olympic viewings, with a local twist. A number of WNY athletes are competing in the 2016 summer games, and 716 is planning on broadcasting all of their performances. Whenever a local Olympian competes, the screen will focus on that hometown hero.
All of the action from Team USA in Rio can be seen on the venue’s 38-foot video screen, as well as the countless other screens housed within the venue… not to mention the multiple (716) Sideline Patio screens.
Following are a few of the anticipated highlights:
- The Olympic action at (716) begins with a viewing party for the Opening Ceremonies on Friday
- On Saturday, Elma native Jake Kaminski looks to defend his 2012 gold medal in the archery team competition, beginning at 1:00 p.m.
- West Seneca’s Matt Anderson leads Team USA men’s volleyball into its first match of the tournament against Canada at 4:00 p.m. Sunday
- Team USA volleyball will dominate the (716) big screen during each match of its march through competition, which hopefully ends in the gold medal final on Sunday, Aug. 21, the final day of the Summer Games
- Fredonia native Jenn Suhr is seeking her second gold medal in the women’s pole vault, and proud fans at (716) will have their eye on the gold medal final Friday, Aug. 19 at 7:10 p.m.
- (716) will also be keeping focus on Buffalo rowers Steve Coppola and Emily Regan, and Kenmore’s Anita Alvarez (synchronized swimming)
- Throughout The Games, (716) coaches will be paying special attention to the Olympic schedule and identifying additional events of local interest
Come on down and support Team USA, and cheer for the athletes that are representing WNY in Rio!