There’s nothing worse than making a trip to a city splash pad, only to find that it’s closed. I’m not sure how the City chooses its official opening date for the splash pads to open… I would think that as soon as the weather warms up, the refreshing destinations would be open and ready for action.
At this point, the splash pads are not officially open, but the City has just announced that due to the rising temperatures, they will be open today (Monday, June 20 from 2pm to 7pm). After that (barring no additional sweltering days) the park’s splash pads will officially open June 27, from which time they will be open seven days a week (through Labor Day). All of the operational swimming pools will also open on July 1.
The city’s 11 operational splash pads are:
- MLK Humboldt Basin – Best & Fillmore
- Centennial – Foot of Porter in LaSalle Park
- Houghton Park – Foot of Spann Street, off Clinton
- Cazenovia Park – Near the Cazenovia Casino
- Lanigan Park – South Park Avenue, near Louisiana
- Schiller Park – Sprenger Avenue
- Kensington Pool grounds – Kensington, at Grider
- Allison Pool grounds – Reese Street
- Roosevelt Park – Foot of Roosevelt Avenue
- Masten Park – Best Street near Orange
- Lincoln Park – foot of Quincy Street
For more information regarding city pools and splash pads call the Division of Parks and Recreation Pools Office at 716-851-5998 or visit www.city-buffalo.com.