CA asks, “I saw a project update on the Campus Square development in The Buffalo News that had a new rendering. Has the design changed?”
The rendering in the News (below) was not current according to Christine Babin, McGuire Development Co. Marketing Manager. Babin sent along the most recent rendering (above) and an overview of the project:
• Campus Square is a six-story 268,000 sq.ft. mixed-use building and 88,000SF Parking Facility being developed on 3.4 acres directly across from the Gates Vascular Institute at the corner of East North and Ellicott streets.
• It is the first phase of the redevelopment of Pilgrim Village. It is being developed by the local team of Mark Trammell and McGuire Development.
• Campus Square is the first multi-generational, mixed-income full service apartment building in Buffalo. It will have 153 apartments (92 affordable and 61 market-rate), a fresh food grocery store, a coffee shop/ restaurant, a bank branch, a dry cleaner, a dental office, medical offices, and community space anchored by Mohammad’s School of Music.
• The amenities are expected to benefit the Medical Campus and the entire neighborhood. No existing tenants of Pilgrim Village will be displaced by the development. The remaining 65 affordable garden apartments in Pilgrim Village are currently being completely renovated.
• The owner is coordinating funding from multiple sources and expects to break ground this summer. R&P Oak Hill is acting as Construction Manager.
An early design for Campus Square I