It’s time to grab the kids and take them on an Easter adventure like no other. Instead of doing the same old thing this year, it’s time to take advantage of an Easter hunt extraordinaire.
On Friday, March 25, at access times from 10AM to 4PM (timed entries at 10am, 12pm & 2pm), the nature preserve invites visitors to partake in a series of spectacular activities that range from egg dying to watching the hatching of live chicks.
- Natural egg dying with berries, spices and vegetables – bring up to 6 hard-boiled eggs
- Live bird encounters with Messinger Woods Wildlife Care and Education Center, Inc.
- Make ‘n’ take nature-themed crafts including the deliciously popular edible chocolate bird nests
- Guided “Who’s Hatching Hikes” on Tifft’s beautiful and accessible nature trails
- Up-close encounters with live egg-laying animals like bugs, frogs, turtles, and snakes
- Exhibits of real bird eggs, nests, and more
- Witness the hatching of live chicks (if the timing’s right!)
Come be a part of Tifft’s seventh annual Spring EGG-stravaganza. Take a tour, learn a craft, and be a part of the wonderful egg hatchings that take place each spring.
Last year, over 700 people attended this event. In 2016, visitors will get a chance to check out the brand new facility addition, which is enhancing all of the Tifft programming tremendously.
Tifft’s seventh annual Spring EGG-stravaganza. Admission to the event is $7 per person and Buffalo Museum of Science Members Save 10%. Pre-registration and pre-payment is required. Please call 716-825-6397 or visit www.TIFFT.org to register or for more information. Presented with support from M&T Insurance Agency and Farm Credit East. Additional spring and Earth Day themed programs will take place throughout the month of April. For further information, please call Tifft Nature Preserve at 716-825-6397.