Earlier this week, one lucky Buffalo man won a $964,883.31 jackpot at the Seneca Buffalo Creek Casino. What is especially interesting is that the winner, referred to only as “Donald S.”, won the large sum while playing a one-cent video slot at 8:30 in the morning.
Upon reading the press release from the casino, I was immediately curious that someone won that amount playing a one-cent video slot. I was not aware that such a low denomination game even existed. After asking around, it was suggested that the winner was playing a ‘one cent per credit’ game, though he was most likely playing maximum credits when he ‘hit’. Either way, after the lucky pull he walked away with a sizable chunk of money, which must have been a real eye opener at such an early hour.
“Seeing one of your guests experience a life-changing moment like that is thrilling for everyone on our team,” said Elizabeth Cartlidge, general manager, Seneca Buffalo Creek Casino. “You’re able to watch someone’s dreams come true. We’re beyond excited for Donald.”
It is reported that in 2015 more than $221 million was doled out in jackpot winnings at Seneca Resorts & Casinos (SRC) three properties. It was not disclosed how much money the casinos brought in.
Starting this spring, SRC will break ground on its $40 million expansion project that will bring a number of the Niagara Falls amenities to Buffalo (see here).
“The investments we continually make in our properties are made so our guests can enjoy the best selection of games, the newest technologies and the best resort and entertainment experience anywhere,” said Audrey Oswell, chief operating officer, Seneca Gaming Corporation.
Plans call for:
- A two-story expansion of the existing casino
- Addition of approximately 28,500 square feet of space on each of two levels
- The ground floor will add more than 300 additional slot machines and additional table games
- A high limit room
- Expanded non-smoking area
- A performance stage for live entertainment at Stixx Sports Bar
- Additional retail space
- An expansion of Buffalo Savors Grill
- A new Western Door concept restaurant on the 2nd floor with indoor and outdoor seating, as well as banquet and meeting space