North Buffalo will soon have a new mural created on the J&L Auto Repair building (facing Holy Spirit Church parking lot – where the North Buffalo Farmer’s Market is held). The North Buffalo Organization (NBO) has issued an RFP, seeking muralists that would like to propose artwork for the project. The design competition seeks to create a giant splash with the public work of art, and is hoping to solicit designs from artists throughout the region.
“The North Buffalo Organization is sponsoring a mural design competition as part of its plan to initiate and promote public art projects along Hertel Avenue and other North Buffalo locations.” – NBO
Local artists are encouraged to submit artwork based on the following guidelines:
• Thematic parameters: While the theme is open to the artist, it should convey a positive message, celebrate in some way the Hertel/North Buffalo area renaissance, be suitable for the general public, and sensitive to its proximity to a church.
• Final Dimensions: approximately 15 feet by 75 feet
• Submission Deadline Extended: Sunday, September 20, Noon
• Format: Send in electronic format as PDF or JPEG attachment to email email@example.com
• Limit: One entry per artist
• Honorarium Increased: $500 for the artist whose work is selected
• Artist’s name will be on the mural and will be publicized by NBO
• A panel of judges will announce the winner
• Formal unveiling will be in October. The specific date yet to be determined
The artist may elect to paint the mural him/herself or make use of NBO’s team of volunteers to install the mural.
All questions should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This high profile mural is NBO’s first public art project!
Click here to visit the NBO website.