Jimmy John’s Gourmet Sandwiches is opening at 766 Elmwood Avenue, Benchmark Group’s infill project currently under construction. Founded in Illinois in 1983, JJ’s is a franchised-based operation with over 2,000 locations including 3500 Main Street across from UB South, 1300 Sweet Home Road in Amherst, and 4125 Transit Road in Williamsville.
The three-story mixed-use building designed by Karl Frizlen will include retail along Elmwood and 24 single and two-bedroom apartments on the upper floors. Twenty-five parking spaces will be provided for building tenants. JJ’s will have an outdoor patio at the Elmwood location.
Elmwood seems to be a good fit for JJ’s. From their franchise page:
Where we Build ‘Em!
• Near dense daytime populations, including central business districts, business parks, industrial parks, hospitals and colleges
• In retail areas with strong traffic
• Daytime employee population greater than 8,000 within a 3-minute drive time and greater than 20,000 within a 5-minute drive time
• Residential population greater than 25,000 within the defined trade area
• Median income greater than $40,000
• Pad, end cap, or out-parcel with drive-thru is preferred
• Strong visibility, easy ingress and egress access and ample parking
• 600-1,800 square feet with a minimum of 20′ of frontage
• Strong national/regional co-tenants, both food and retail
• Outdoor seating strongly preferred