The future sites for Casa-di-Pizza and D’Avolio Kitchen have been signed. In the D’Avolio case, it is the awning for their soon to open location at 535 Main Street. On E. Mohawk Street, an “opening soon” sign is up as renovation work is getting underway on Casa-di-Pizza’s downtown location.
Casa-di-Pizza’s Jacobbi family purchased the building at 11 E. Mohawk Street and a vacant parcel at 464 Washington Street from Western Regional Off Track Betting Corporation for $510,000 in Feburary. The three-story, 11,610 sq.ft. building is part of a former Wendy’s restaurant that OTB moved to in 1991 and closed last year.
JJ’s Casa-di-Pizza, named after Jeff Jacobbi, will feature a bar, dining room, and a courtyard on the Washington Street parcel. The restaurant is expected to open this summer.
On Main Street, D’Avolio Kitchen is getting closer to opening. The oil, salt, and vinegar purveyor will also serve sandwiches, salads and pizzas on the first floor of the redeveloped building at 535 Main Street.
Property owners Kevin Helfer and Paul Lamparelli have transformed the four-story, circa-1851 building into commercial space and three upper floor apartments (second floor unit below). The 6,800 sq.ft. building was previously occupied by the Louis Restaurant and later Howards Jewelers and is one of many buildings on the 500 block with new owners and new life.
Exterior pics by 500 Block Main Street Facebook page. 535 Main apartment photo from Craigslist.