Over the years Bill has been the eyes and ears of the Buffalo River and Lake Erie, well before people ever dreamed of the current clean-up efforts that are now underway. He’s seen it all, and sailed it all.
Now Bill is launching a new book that celebrates Buffalo’s waterfront, and he’s inviting you to attend a reception that will mark this special occasion.
“We left no waterfront stone unturned,” Captain Zimmermann explains, “but we put them back after inspection so as not to peeve off the DEC or EPA” The Captain adds: “Seriously, we’re proud of our book, and even more proud of our comrades who made it possible that we showcase– and everyone who cherishes our beloved waterfront on our Great Lake Erie.”
Here’s a little about the book:
Celebrating Buffalo’s Waterfront is a 130-page, full color, coffee table-style book which:
• Highlights the industrial history that made Buffalo the crossroads of our nation
•Pays thanks to the visionaries that laid the groundwork that helped create our “overnight success”
• Spotlights the many assets, activities, and organizations that make our waterfront what it is today
• And it finishes with the educational and planning efforts that will propel our waterfront into the future
Celebrating Buffalo’s Waterfront tells the tales of our waterfront, past, present, and looking towards the future. Please join Bill and friends as they unveil the book that will change the way that you look at the Buffalo waterfront.
Event: Book Launch and Reception
What: New Book – “Celebrating Buffalo’s Waterfront: There’s a Renaissance in progress, and it’s yours to enjoy”
• Written by Captain Bill Zimmermann
• Photography by Dr. Mark Donnelly
• Forward by Mike Vogel
• Published by: RPSS- Rock, Paper, Safety Scissors Publishing – Buffalo, NY
Date: Thursday, October 16, 2014
Time: 6:00-8:30 PM
Place: Frank Lloyd Wright’s Fontana Rowing Boathouse
Music provided by Gretchen Schulz & Doug Morgano
Wine, cheese, and light hors d’oeuvres will be served