In order to get a feel of the power, the technique and the mad skills of Buffalo’s B-Boy and Hip Hop Festival, you must experience the event in person. For the fourth year in a row, the festival is being held at New Era in Downtown Buffalo. Battle @ Buffalo attracts some of the best local and international dancers to the stage, in a head to head competition, and celebration of hip hop culture. Visitors to the event, and fans of the explosive scene will be able to enjoy their fare share of Hip Hop; B-boying, MCing, DJing and graffiti, all set up in the parking lot of one of the country’s most beloved ball cap company’s headquarters – New Era. Check out the Buffalo scene in the following video. See you at the main stage!
WHAT: The fourth annual Battle @ Buffalo – Under the Lights. Hosted by Verve Dance Studio and Differential Flava Crew. Under the Lights is a family-friendly cultural festival that invites its 1,000 plus attendees to share in the principles on which Hip Hop was founded: peace, love, unity and having fun!
WHY: Verve Dance Studio is dedicated to the art of B-boying and Hip Hop culture, and committed to nurturing young artists and creating a positive environment that promotes unity and respect across diverse demographics. This annual event allows for an even broader audience to share in this mission, participate in B-Boy and Hip Hop culture, and support local dancers, artists and vendors.
WHEN: Saturday, August 23th, 2014
Noon – 10pm
WHERE: Outside the New Era Cap Company World Headquarters
160 Delaware Ave.
Buffalo, NY 14202
• PREVIEW DAY: August 9, 2014, Noon-3pm outside New Era. Get a flavor for the main event!
• More than 100 dancers competing in the dynamic B-boy and Hip Hop “All Styles” categories
• Live urban art demonstrations, and free dance workshops for children
• Large diverse crowd, including families and young adults, participating in art and dance festivities alongside local and international professionals
• Food trucks and local small business vendors