Buffalo’s Green Code took a major step forward last week with the release of the public review draft, which can be downloaded here. Now the Office of Strategic Planning is engaging interested community members through a series of working group sessions to review specific sections of the Green Code draft.
This review effort follows up on a series of focused sessions held for the preliminary draft Unified Development Ordinance (UDO) that included significant community participation and resulted in extensive input and modifications. The upcoming working group sessions will include a brief overview of the UDO and specific sections to be reviewed, an outline of changes made to the preliminary draft, and will provide an opportunity for dialogue and comments.
Citizens are invited to work with the Green Code team over the coming weeks to review the updated draft UDO. A schedule for the sessions is listed below.
1) Uses: Tuesday, May 13, 4:00 PM, City Hall, Room 901
2) Administration: Thursday, May 15, 4:00 PM, City Hall, Room 901
3) Neighborhood Zones: Monday, May 19, 6 pm, Hutch Tech HS
4) Site Development: Thursday, May 22, 4 pm, City Hall, Room 901
5) Signs: Tuesday, May 27, 4 pm, City Hall, Room 901
6) Transportation/Access & Parking: June 10, 4 pm, City Hall, Room 901
7) Employment Districts: TBD
8) Environment: TBD
If you are interested in participating in any of the working group sessions, please RSVP with Nancy Persico from the Mayor’s Office of Strategic Planning at email@example.com or 851-4769.