Coming to a neighborhood near you…
Starting this evening, as series of candidate forums commences that will shed light on the different characters that have entered the race for the Buffalo Board of Education.
It is interesting to note, that while the issue of public education is constantly on the tip of the collective tongue of concerned Buffalonians, each year the results at the polls show a completely different story. In 2013 slightly more than 13,000 registered voters pulled the lever (out of 145,000 registered total).
By hosting these public forums, the community in invited to learn about the candidates firsthand, and see how they intend to make a difference in a school system that continues to struggle. Student/teacher performance is just one of the myriad issues, as is the unbalances composition of the entire system (magnets, charters, etc), all of which compete for funding.
What has the recent Joint Schools Construction Project gotten us? Better looking buildings and some new amenities, but that’s about it. Check out this recent article in The Atlantic Cities. It’s time that you helped to make a difference. This year, get out and vote on May 6, 2014!
You can keep up with the latest election news on this site.
A. Upcoming Forums:
- Adrian Harris (facebook) (twitter)
- Barbara Seals-Nevergold (Twitter) (BPS bio)
- Bernie Tolbert (website) (facebook) (twitter)
- Byron McIntyre
- Daniel Reynolds (Facebook) (Artvoice article)
- Gizelle Stokes (website) (facebook)
- John Licata (Twitter)
- Larry Quinn
- Patti Pierce (facebook)
- Ralph Hernandez
- Sam Davis (facebook)
- Sergio Rodriquez (website) (facebook) (twitter)
- Stephan Wright (facebook) (twitter)
- Stephen Buccilli (facebook) (website)
- Wendy Mistretta (website) (facebook)