It’s been the poster child for “neglected” buildings, but Ellicott Development appears ready to move on reuse of the Coffee Rich building at 199 Scott Street. Company officials are scheduled to be at the Planning Board meeting on April 9th to present plans to convert the prominent eight story building into a mixed-use complex anchored by 20 market-rate apartments. According to a draft agenda, Ellicott is also planning a sit-in restaurant, banquet room and offices.
The brick building was built in 1920 and has been vacant since the mid-1990’s. Containing approximately 122,000 square feet, it the tallest structure in the Cobblestone District and is adjacent to the 70-unit Lofts @ Elk Terminal and Seneca Buffalo Creek Casino. It was the long-time home of The Fairmont Creamery and later used by Rich Products for refrigerated storage. A fire damaged the structure in June 1996 and its upper-floor windows remained open to the elements.
Ellicott Development has owned the property since 2001 and gutted the building some time ago to prepare it for reuse.
Get Connected: Ellicott Development Company, 716.854.0060