Sometimes, when there is a push to get new businesses into an area, the first thing that needs to happen is to draw attention to the area. Recently, the 500-block of Main Street has been doing just that. Whether promoting a chalk drawing event or promoting open studio tours, there is always something brewing along this stretch of downtown.
This Friday promotional forces are coming together to target the area for a public art push from 5-9PM. In fact, the street will come alive with painters, muralists, an outdoor marketplace, live music, wine tastings, gallery openings, a spoken word performance and food followed by a live jazz band & drink specials at the Hyatt from 8:30-11PM!
To see what sort of vibe we’re talking about, check out this artwork from a couple of the featured artists, Ogre and Chuck Tingley!
Participants Include :
– WNYBAC, 486 Washington St
– e-Cafe, 487 Main St : Food & drink specials, live music at the outdoor cafe
– 501 Main St
– MAIN(ST)UDIOS, 515 Main St : Gallery opening for Southeast’s Artist Showcase, www.nomadbuffalo.com/515
– Jerry’s Downtown Photo, 521 Main St : Photos of historic Buffalo
– Brian Garman Gallery, 523 Main St : Panoramic prints on display
– 537 Main St : Olive oil tasting by D’Avolio
– The Hyatt : Food & drink specials, live music at the outdoor cafe
– Block-long outdoor marketplace with locally made jewelry, art, soap, gifts and more! Marketplace Spots Still Available! Email Alana Fajemisin email@example.com for more details.
– WAM (Writers/Artists/Musicians) Three Year Anniversary event! Sidewalk party featuring open mic for singer/songwriters, spoken word artists and more. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up
– SPECIAL event this block! Be a part of a “Freestyle Faces of Main Street” LIVE mural painting being created on the side of 515 Main, with artists Chuck Tingley, OGRE, Max Collins & Erica Eichelkraut! From 6-9PM Erica & Max be set-up outside taking portraits of anyone who would like to be involved to be wheatpasted on top of a freestyle painting by Chuck & OGRE! View more about the mural & help bring more public art to Main St by sponsoring the project here.
– Note : All metered parking is free after 5PM & the Allpro lot at Washington & Mohawk will have discounted parking for $2