1238 Group, an affiliate of Ellicott Development, has purchased five properties on St. Paul Mall in four separate transactions on November 24 and December 3. St. Paul Mall is a dead-end Street off of Main Street, just south of Best Street. The properties are east of the Our Lady of Lourdes Church, school and rectory owned by Ellicott Development. St. Paul Mall features fourteen residential structures. The street is blocked off to create a commons area. Residents park their cars behind the buildings with access from two cul-de-sacs.
Recent 1238 Group purchases:
•November 24: 33 St. Paul. $47,500 from 33 St. Paul Trust 102107 TR
•November 24: 36 St. Paul. $47,500 from St. Paul Trust 120106 TR
•December 3: 35 St. Paul. $53,800 from Milton Brown
•December 3: 39 and 46 St. Paul. $83,000 from Jason and Christine Paine
In July 2009, Ellicott’s 9274 Group Inc. bought the Our Lady of Lourdes parking lot, convent and school at 1091 Main Street from Prayer & Praise Fellowships Inc. for $370,000. The company purchased the church in April for $40,000 from 1115 Main Street Inc.
Ellicott Development had applied to demo the convent building in late September but quickly pulled the proposal from the Buffalo Preservation Board agenda. After purchasing the rectory and school site, company officials told The Buffalo News it planned to “develop the property for other uses” and “is working with a couple of possible occupants for the school.” It was not revealed why the company wanted to tear down the rectory or what the firm intends to do with its new purchases on St. Paul Mall.
Photos by David Torke @ Fix Buffalo