Owner Jim Daley gave us a nudge this week to let us know the new 16-seat dining room was open and ready for holiday business. The room, a former 19th century barbershop and later a sometimes hideaway for Courier Express and Trico workers, had been nothing more than a store room for the past 25 years.
Now a quaint seating area with exposed 1866 brick walls, a view of the Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus on one side and Ulrich’s rich bar on the other, it’s a great place to see Buffalo’s history and future all at once, while enjoying a pint of Flying Bison, a beef on weck, a bratwurst platter…or the best potato pancakes in town.
674 Ellicott Street
Buffalo, NY 14203