Groundwork Buffalo, an independent, not-for-profit environmental organization, is looking for an executive director.
Part of the Groundwork USA network, and working in conjunction with communities, the National Parks Service and the Environmental Protection Agency, Groundwork’s purpose is to build sustainable communities through joint environmental action. Their goal is to empower people to create better places and bring about prosperity through practical projects with people, business, government and community organizations.
Based in Buffalo, the person chosen for the position will be responsible for managing the office and operations of Groundwork Buffalo, including fund-raising and development, financial and program management, progress reports and grant reporting, hiring and managing staff, and setting the strategic direction of the organization.
A key part of these organizational development activities will be the successful launch of a vacant lot reclamation and management strategy within the city of Buffalo, with a primary focus in the Mid-City (Near East Side) and MLK Neighborhoods.
Candidates should have at least 5 years of relevant experience, including work in a non-profit management, local government and/or community development.
Qualifications should include the following:
• Bachelor’s degree in related field, master’s degree preferred
• Demonstrated success in grant seeking, proposal writing, fund raising, and development
• Comfortable working with a board of directors and familiarity with non-profit setting
• Demonstrated management experience, including staff supervision and financial
• Proven capacity to work with senior level corporate, philanthropic and public sector officials
• Leadership skills and ability to develop program vision
• Proven ability to work in a culturally diverse environment
• Project management experience
• Volunteer management experience
• Comfortable speaking in community forums and facilitating relationships among various sectors
• Ability to manage multiple agendas and operate effectively
• Strong interest in urban regeneration
• Exceptional interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
• Good organizational abilities; ability to work independently
• Proficiency with word processing, spreadsheets, PowerPoint, and internet communications
• Preference will be giving to candidates with familiarity City of Buffalo local government and civic institutions
Those interested should send a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org or Groundwork Buffalo
700 Main Street, 3rd Floor
Buffalo, NY 14202
Image: Groundwork USA