The two-story building at the northwest corner of Swan Street and Michigan Avenue is sporting a crisp, new look. A new brick facade has been installed on the structure. Work on the building, owned by James T. Sandoro, started late last year.
From Courtney’s original post:
The building was built in 1918 as a factory outlet for the Simon Pure Brewery. Soon after, pesky Prohibition got in the way and left the building and its industry sitting shuttered for 15 years until it finally opened in 1933. The 3,000 square foot, first-floor commercial space still flaunts the original tin ceiling, terrazzo floor and back bar. This could be transformed into offices or, as with the former tenant, used as a bar/restaurant.
The 6,032 sq.ft. building is one block north of Sandoro’s Buffalo Transportation Pierce Arrow Museum, currently closed for renovations. More in a future post.
Get Connected: James T. Sandoro at 716.855.1931