The last weekend of July seems to be rapidly approaching for the 2009 Garden Walk and guides are now available! The Garden Walk Guide gives a comprehensive map with locations and descriptions of each garden for the Garden Walk Buffalo 2009.
Garden Walk Guides are available at the following sponsor locations prior to the walk:
- Dibble True Value – 262 West Ferry Street, Buffalo
- Lockwood Greenhouses – 4484 Clark Street, Hamburg
- Abordale Greenhouses – 4880 Dodge Road, Getzville
- Hunt Reality, Elmwood Office- 720 Elmwood Avenue, Buffalo
During the walk, complete versions of the guide can be found at the three headquarter locations:
- Richmond-Summer Senior Center – on the corner of Richmond and Summer
- Buffalo Seminary School – 205 Bidwell Parkway near Soldiers Circle and Chaplin Parkway
- AIDS Community Services – 206 South Elmwood Avenue on the Corner of Chippewa Street
And, of course, you can get a copy of the map (without descriptions) from the Garden Walk website.
Garden Walk Buffalo is a free, self-guided tour that features over 300 gardens across Buffalo. As it is one of the largest garden walks in the United States, thousands of visitors come to Buffalo each year to appreciate the city’s beauty.
When asked about Garden Walk Buffalo, gardener extraordinaire Terry Ettinger said, “Without hesitation, Garden Walk Buffalo is the best horticulture-related event I’ve ever attended, including the Philly Flower Show!”
The walk has been held every year since 1995 on the last weekend of July. This year the walk will be during July 25-26th and will be featuring gardens from Elmwood Village, Columbus Park/Prospect Hill, The Cottage District, Historic West Village, Allentown, and Symphony Circle and Kleinhans Community. For more information, visit their website.