Ellicott Development is putting the finishing touches on its 31,000 sq.ft. expansion of the Pleu Building located at 361 Delaware Avenue. Lawley Insurance Group will lease the new addition plus the second and third floors of the historic 1924 building. Lawley will bring 130 people to the building once the insurance agency moves in.
Their move expands and restores a Delaware Avenue building and furthers a resurgence that’s taking place in the Delaware Avenue-Tupper Street area. Ani DiFranco is restoring the Delaware Asbury United Methodist Church into her offices and a performance center. Hallwalls is also relocating to the church. Mark Croce opened Laughlin’s Restaurant at the corner of Franklin and Tupper directly behind the Pleu expansion and Uniland Development is planning a five-story office building for the vacant lot next to WGRZ on Delaware Avenue.
Lawley is currently located in the Erlanger Building at 120 Delaware Ave. That building is slated to be acquired by the federal General Services Administration and demolished to make way for the federal courthouse project on Niagara Square. Lawley has been located downtown since its founding in 1945.
Photos courtesy of Rue B