· Fillmore District
o The sale of 338 Moselle Street to Mr. Augustus Donaldson was rescinded and the deposit forfeited.
· Masten District
o The sale of 817 Glenwood Avenue to Mrs. Cassandra Lee Burns-Watson was rescinded and the deposit forfeited.
· Niagara District
o 212 Vermont Street was sold to Mr. Ashin Vilar That Ga and Mr. Pyinnyasa Ra for $3,500.
License and Permit Approvals--Upon the recommendation of the Department of Permit & Inspection Services, the Council approved the following license and permit applications:
· Ellicott District
o Permit for a Retail Store
§ A. Ali, owner of the property located at 472 Main Street.
o Permit for an LED Ground Sign
§ B. Meyers, agent of the property located at 180 Franklin Street.
· Fillmore District
o Permit to Re-Establish Take-Out Restaurant & Sidewalk Patio
§ M. Yuhnke, owner of the property located at 244 Allen Street.
o Food Store License
§ Alasri Deli, located at 4 Thomas Street.
· Lovejoy District
o Lodging House License
§ KPK LLC, located at 1323 Seneca Street.
o Garbage Collector License
§ AAA Trash Be Gone, located at 785 South Ogden Street.
o Used Car Dealer License
§ East Side Auto Repair, located at 2140 Genesee Street.
· University District
o Food Store License
§ 7-Eleven Inc., located at 3428 Bailey Avenue.
o Permit for a Restaurant in a Special District
§ M. Tran, owner of the property located at 3396 Bailey Avenue.
Claims, Contracts, Change Orders & Agreements
- Upon the request of the City of Buffalo Office of Strategic Planning ("OSP"), the Council:
- Approved the designation of Legacy Development as developer of one parcel of land located in the City's University District. The developer is proposing to construct a collegiate residential community comprised of several different apartment and townhouse buildings and common facilities located on approximately 9.69 acres of primarily vacant former industrial land at a cost of approximately $40 million.
- Upon the request of the City of Buffalo Department of Police ("BPD"), the Council:
- Authorized BPD to accept the various grants listed below:
- 2012 Bullet Proof Vest Reimbursement
- Governor's Traffic Safety (Year 17)
- New York State Motor Vehicle Theft/Insurance Fraud Prevention Grant
- Operation Impact IX
- Operation Protect Kids (Cigarette Grant)
- Operation Stonegarden 2011, 2012
- State Homeland Security Program Funding ("SHSP")
- 2012 Target Grant
- United States Department of Justice's 2012 Byrne Criminal Justice Innovation Program - Buffalo Promised Neighborhoods
- Authorized BPD's "A" District to accept a donation in the amount of $500 from McDonalds. The funds will be used to create and distribute crime prevention materials within the local community.
- For any questions, concerns, or further information regarding the above, please contact your District Council Member, the Common Council Legislative Staff Office, or the respective City Department.To view the live streaming of Common Council meetings on a personal computing device with internet access, please insert the following address into the device web-browser:Instant Live Stream Replays are available at:To view replays of a Common Council Meeting please visit the City of Buffalo Government Television website at www.city-buffalo.com/Home/Government_TV.Photos from taken from this meeting can be viewed at:To view the final Common Council Meeting agenda and/or supporting communications, please visit the City of Buffalo website atBUFFALO COMMON COUNCIL
David A. Franczyk
1315 City Hall
David A. Rivera
President Pro Tempore
1504 City Hall
Richard A. Fontana
1414 City Hall
Michael J. LoCurto
1405 City Hall
Darius G. Pridgen
1408 City Hall
Demone A. Smith
1316-A City Hall
Joseph Golombek, Jr.
1502 City Hall
851-5116Christopher P. ScanlonSouth District
1401 City Hall
Bonnie E. Russell
1508 City Hall
Common Council Legislative Staff Office
1413 City Hall
851-5105James N. JacksonLegislative AssistantCity of Buffalo Common Council1413 City HallBuffalo, NY 14202