LA Fitness is coming to the Elmwood and Hertel Center, a Benderson Development site. In true Benderson fashion, the fitness center is large... really large, weighing in at 45,000 square feet. The fitness center is among four opening in Upstate NY (also Clarence, Irondequoit and Henrietta), and will boast amenities that range from a three lane lap pool to a basketball court. "We selected these four new sites because they're convenient, accessible and have the capacity to accommodate all of the amenities our clubs provide - from swimming pools to basketball courts to large cardio spaces - in a comfortable, welcoming environment," said Bill Horner, Senior Vice President/Chief Real Estate Officer at LA Fitness. "With the opening of these new clubs, we look forward to offering the residents of Upstate New York a wide variety of exercise options at a great value for the dollar."
The Upstate New York clubs will feature state-of-the-art facilities and a wide range of amenities including:
· Three-lane lap pool
· Basketball court
· Group fitness classes, including Kickbox Cardio and yoga
· Designated cycling room with state of the art bikes
· An array of top of the line cardio equipment and free weights
· Kids Klub babysitting (for an additional charge)
· Spacious locker rooms with showers and saunas
· Whirlpool spa
· Personal training (for an additional charge)
LA Fitness was founded in 1984 and currently has over 500 locations in 22 states and Canada. The mega-fitness business is scheduled to open early 2013.
1893 Elmwood Ave.,
Buffalo, NY 14207