By Kelsey Hanks:
Buffalo Niagara 360 (BN360), the Buffalo Niagara Partnership's young professionals program, will launch a new year of programming with its annual Kickoff Celebration at Pearl @ The Lafayette, on September 26.
"We're very excited to launch our fifth year of young professional programming" said Christina Lopez, Manager of Workforce Development. "This year's calendar is filled with essential enrichment programming, including programs like The Young Professionals Leadership Certificate Program, presented by Canisius College Center for Professional Development and underwritten by Synacor, that is vital to the leadership development of of our region's best and brightest young talent.."
This year's Kickoff Celebration will feature the naming of ten Spotlight Professionals, a hand-selected group of young leaders who are anticipated to positively impact the community in the coming year and have been chosen as the "ones to watch." This year's Spotlight Professionals have all relocated to Buffalo Niagara to further their careers.
Buffalo Niagara 360 provides our region's young professionals with opportunities for leadership development, professional enrichment and regional engagement. Entering its fifth year, BN360 continues to connect the region's young leaders through a wide variety of business development programs.
The Kickoff Celebration is the launch of BN360's 2012-2013 programming year. Some of BN360's most popular programming includes:
• Young Professionals Leadership Certificate Program - Leadership skills training tailored to meet the professional development needs of today's young professionals. Presented by Canisius College Center for Professional Development and underwritten by Synacor.
• Game Changers - Featuring the area's most dynamic young entrepreneurs. Presented by Alliance Advisory Group
• Government Unplugged - A program designed to give young professionals direct access to our region's most prominent young elected officials
• Mentoring Matters - An opportunity for young professionals to get engaged by giving back to at-risk youth
• Know the Score - A classically informal concert and business networking series
• Happy Hour For-A-Cause - The region's only young professionals networking experience with a conscience.
Buffalo Niagara 360 is a program of the Buffalo Niagara Partnership, and is run through the support of sponsors including Alliance Advisory Group, The Buffalo News, Canisius College Center for Professional Development, Citibank, Independent Health, Hodgson Russ, National Grid and Niagara University.
Food tastings will be provided by local restaurants, as well as a cash bar and door prizes.