Demolition crews paid a visit to 633 Delaware Avenue this week. A former Bank of America building is being demolished to return the Wilcox Mansion
/Theodore Roosevelt Inaugural Site to its original 1901 boundaries. Bank of America sold the property
to the Theodore Roosevelt Inaugural Site Foundation for $1 in early June.
The mid-century glass and concrete bank branch, vacant since April 2011, stood on a 6,500 sq.ft. parcel of land less than 15 feet from the south side of the TR Inaugural Site. It building had dominated the historic setting and compromised the Site's cultural landscape, as well as its visibility and access from Delaware Avenue.